Multi-Core / Multi-Processor extension for Austal View
Also available for P&K AST and WinAustal
AUSTAL(2021) Calculation will run with almost 4-fold (Quad Core) or 8-fold (8-Core) the speed.
The local version (Multi-Core or Multi-Processor in one Box) of our Software Extension for Austal View is available via ArguSoft.
What you need:
- A PC with Intel Multi-Core processor with MS Windows 10 or later. We recommend 4GB RAM per Core and Intel Processor. The Programs are compiled and optimized with Intel compiler.
- A licensed Program Austal View from ArguSoft.
- A license number for our extension to be bought via ArguSoft.
Ones you have everything above you can proceed here: Download
- For our MULTI-CORE programs we use MS-MPI, which should be installed beforehand. The Microsoft product can be found at Microsoft MPI. The Computer should be rebooted after this installation.
In case of problems, this installation can be tested with a doubleclick on test-MSMPI.bat in the program folder.
- Installation is straight forward. Run the installer and make sure it installs in the proper program directory (for AustalView: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lakes\AUSTAL View\Models).
In case of problems, this feature can be tested with a doubleclick on pk_mpi_test.exe in the program folder. For this the file austal.settings is required to exist in the program folder. This file comes with AustalView etc.
The P&K MPI3 settings can also be accessed with a doubleclick on pk_mpi.exe.
- Make sure smpd.exe, mpiexec.exe, austal*MPI*.exe and taldiaMPI.exe can access the network and are not blocked by any firewall or other software.
- Make sure that above programs can access enough resources. If you run AUSTAL four times (on 4 cores), you need to have four times the RAM one process would use.
Note: Hyper Thread is not Multi-Core or Multi-Processor! (Intel I7 (4 core) might work with Hyper Thread and gain almost the speed of a regular 8-core processsor. This has to be verified. Patches for Meltdown and Spectre might have made this not to be useable.