Multi-Core / Multi-Processor extension for Austal View
Also included in P&K TAL2K MPI
Austal2000 Calculation will run with almost 4-fold (Quad Core) or 8-fold (8-Core) the speed.
The local version (Multi-Core or Multi-Processor in one Box) of our Software Extension for Austal View is available via ArguSoft.
What you need:
- A PC with Intel processors or Intel Multi-Core processor with MS Windows 7 or later.
- A licensed Program Austal View from ArguSoft.
- A license number for our extension to be bought via ArguSoft.
Ones you have everything above you can proceed here:
See our Forum for News and Changes
- Installation is straight forward. Run the installer and make sure it installs in the proper program directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Lakes\AUSTAL View\Models).
- For our MULTI-CORE programs we use MS-MPI, which should be installed beforehand. The Microsoft product can be found at Microsoft MPI.
- Make sure smpd.exe, mpiexec.exe, austal*MPI*.exe and taldiaMPI.exe can access the network and are not blocked by any firewall or other software.
- Make sure that above programs can access enough resources. If you run austal2000 four times (on 4 cores), you need to have four times the RAM one process would use.
- Older Systems
Note: Hyper Thread is not Multi-Core or Multi-Processor! (Intel I7 (4 core) might work with Hyper Thread and gain almost the speed of a regular 8-core processsor. This has to be verified. Patches for Meltdown and Spectre might have made this not to be useable.